Blogs

Monday, January 23, 2012

My Kid Lives in a Bubble.

Words from Umma Nelly:
I realized that I do most of my blogging close to midnight. I guess it's due to my second wind kicking in and not wanting to wrap myself like a caterpillar in my blankets. I know I can be the worst blanket hog; however, so can my husband. Sometimes, we even sleep with two comforters. I guess we have sharing problems. ;)

Anyways, my sleep issues and insomnia have nothing to do with this blog. 

The true meaning behind this blog is how Josiah lives in a bubble--not literally. I've been MUCH more relaxed than I was when Josiah was first born. Even when he was only two days old in the hospital and I couldn't reach him because I was still connected to all this "junk" to monitor my breathing and etc, I quickly dialed the nurses station and told them to come IMMEDIATELY to my room to help me pick up my son, 'cause I thought he was "choking". I know you're probably wondering what I thought he was choking on, but at the moment, I seriously thought he was choking on something. The nurses didn't even budge. Well, they did peek in my room about an hour later. When I realized no one was coming, I mustered all my energy and I didn't care what lines I pulled, I was determined to get my son--myself. 

We made countless trips to the doctor because I was worried something was wrong. There was tons of nights where I was searching the web because I wanted to know if this or that was  normal.  It took me FOREVER to pick out his car infant seat. I wanted top of the line for safety. I think I spent MONTHS looking for his convertible car seat--no joke. (Side Note: In case you're a mom-to-be, I ended up with the Grace Snugride 35 and The First Years True Fit Recline Convertible Car Seat.)


Josiah is now running to get to the age of two. I still have a few more months and thanks to Pinterest, I am already planning his second birthday party. How did I survive to this next milestone? I remember my parents constantly telling me that he's okay or don't worry. I remember the HUGE "oh-my-goodness" moments. How did I not have a minor heart attack by now? God's grace. Yep, for sure. 


Do you know what my little bug is doing now??? He is jumping off the couch! I screamed one time because I thought he was going to snap his neck! (No, I didn't scream at him, I just screamed--out loud). I told him he can wear a helmet and knee pads. However, I did see a real cute helmet at Wal-Mart. ;) I bet my grandmother would say, "oh my heavenly stars" to him over and over. He is adventurous and likes to push his limits in all he does.


I never want to limit my son from being fun and unique. No, I don't want him to be the bad kid that everyone shakes their head at in disbelief. I want him to be the kid that is daring (in a safe manner) and wants to go on crazy adventures with his dad like hike the Appalachian Trail with him. I want him to be spontaneous and live in the moment. I want him to be passionate about the things he loves. I want him to try new things, even if it means me screaming--out loud. 


My son doesn't really live in a bubble. Sometimes, I wish he did but I know deep in my heart, I would never want that sort of lifestyle for him. I know I can only protect him from so much, but I have to lean back on God and have faith that He will take care of the rest. He is our protector... I want my son to be the adventurous little boy that he was meant to be. I always prayed for my son to be the crazy, hyped up kid (but not in a bad way). I love everything about him. It's okay that my son doesn't live in a bubble, because then he wouldn't be the little boy that God created him to become. 




No comments:

Post a Comment