Blogs

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Merry Belated Christmas

Words from Mama Brittany:

Since Umma Nelly shared a quirky fun post about Christmas, I thought I'd share a little adventure of my own. Being a first time mom nobody cared to warn me about the week before Christmas. Nobody told me that my sweet little boy was going to turn into crazed child whom I'd never met. I was extremely unprepared and quite taken by surprise.


The entire week leading up to Christmas Oliver was out of control, not listening or seeming to care about usual things. All He wanted to do was act as crazy as possible and throw multiple tamper tantrums. My classic time In's were not working and I found myself counting forwards and backwards to try and win my little angel back. In the end I continued to love him because when Oli acts out its usually because He needs and extra hug or cuddle.


We survived the week and made it to Christmas eve. He was quite hyper all day and managed to eat cookies and treats throughout the day. I figured it was a special night so I relaxed a bit on the nutrition. We had my husbands family over for Christmas eve so we got the house ready and set before heading out to church. Oliver wanted some milk so we gave him some for the car ride and off we went.


We live out in the country, and the roads are twisty, turning, and hilly. Oliver has been getting car sick recently but he had only thrown up once, so we didn't think anything of the fact that He had eaten sweets and was now drinking his sweet almond milk as we went around a circle, down a hill, and around a bend. Next thing we know he barfs everywhere. We quickly turn onto a side road and throw on our flashers. I myself get carsick and was feeling queasy from the twists and turns so I know poor Oliver must of felt awful. As I'm trying to get him out of his seat he continues to projectile vomit, it just kept coming and coming. Here I am pregnant and nauseous myself, his vomit didn't smell bad, it actually smelled like his almond milk, and thank God because if it would have smelled like yak, I would have yaked too.


Church was a no go, Oliver needed a bath so off we went back home. As soon as we got him out of the car he asked for dinner! Poor little guy! After his nice bath we made sure everything was set and cooked him some food. As Daddy was setting up Oliver's tray He accidentally whacked him in the face with it. Poor Oli, finally we got him settled and his tummy full and He was a happy boy. He got down and ran into the living room only to slip, fall on his butt, and then fall back and bang his head on our hard woods. Really by this point I was thanking our lucky stars we didn't have to go to the hospital. But just then Oliver ran back into the kitchen only to slip again but this time knocking his head into the door frame and making a huge goose egg on His forehead. Now I thought we surly will need to have this looked at, I nursed Him and He allowed me to put ice on it, but Oh poor baby. I wish I could say that was the last of it but He ended up falling several more times and banging his head, nose, and has two bruised knees and a bloody lip.


Christmas time is a magical time, it's also a crazy time when kids turn into these little silly geese and who knows what can happen! I would like to say I'm going to be prepared for next year, but next year I'll have two kiddo's to be crazy! I guess I will just take it one day at a time. All is well and Oliver stayed out of the ER. He enjoyed the season and all the presents He got. I hope you and yours are happy and healthy. Merry Christmas, and Happy Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment