Blogs

Monday, January 30, 2012

3 Years & Counting.

Word's from Umma Nelly:


I know this blog is mainly geared towards babies and everything about them, but I wanted to take a few minutes to tell YOU, how grateful I am for my husband, Matthew. 


In less than an hour, Matthew and I will have been married for 3 years. Happy Anniversary, Matthew ;)


I'm starting to reminisce about what we have been through; the good and the bad. Every moment that we have been through, together, has brought us to where we are now. We've been covered by God's grace, and we're still crazy and madly in love. We have our up's and down's, but what marriage doesn't? My mother always tells me, "after you have been married for 100 years, you're golden." In other years, there will always be beautiful moments, but there will still be battles. 


Matthew and I have been through battle after battle in our first year of marriage. I was ready to take back my vows that we said in front of family and friends on Jan. 31, 2009. I was ready to get a lawyer and just divorce him. God had other plans. 


In one-long-compound sentence, this is what we went through our first year:
We got married on Jan. 31, but I was still in Lakeland while he was in Jacksonville because I was still attending Southeastern which meant we only saw each other on the weekends; but I did graduate in May and that's when the traveling stopped, however, we were living under the same roof as his parents and then we found out that our first son was going to be born with a serious heart condition, our son was born on July 14 and we were blessed with 23 days with him until the GOOD Lord took him to Heaven, then we had to deal with losing a child while living with his parents, but only a little over a month later to find out that we're expecting again. How did we survive all of that? All of our counselors will immediately tell us that we deserve a gold medal. I have to praise God on this one, because we wouldn't still be Mr. & Mrs. if it wasn't for His intervention.


Do you understand why I wanted a divorce? 


Our second year of marriage was the year of blessings. We finally took the plunge and moved out on our own on Feb. 19 and prepared for our second baby boy, Josiah. Don't get me wrong, we still had intense battles to overcome. We were still covered by grief because we missed our son, and we were learning on how to be parents. It was a complete disaster trying to figure out what works for us and what didn't. It was like a hurricane went through our marriage when we were trying to compromise on certain parenting topics. 


Our third year of marriage, we realized we made a commitment three years ago and we want to stand faithful on the promises that God has for us. We're together and we're in this for the long run. I want to be married for 100 years and counting. I hope we get to share a little house together in Heaven ;) I adore my husband and I am proud of him finding his dream career. I'm proud of the sacrifices he has made for our family to give us a better life. I'm proud of how hard he works every day at police academy, because God has blessed him with a dream job especially in this tough economy. My husband is perfect for me. :) 


Marriage was never meant to be easy-peasy. It is full of intense battles, but it makes you stronger. We scream, we fight, things even go flying in the air, but we're running after our 100 mark. We got this, because God has our back. 


My husband, Matthew, gets me and I get him. We know more about each other than the other realizes; yet, we still have so much to learn.


Baby, we got this! We're still young, and the clock is still ticking. Rain or shine, our marriage is beautiful. We make it work, because we choose to make it work.


MG + JG = <3



No comments:

Post a Comment