Blogs

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Diary of a lupie pregnancy: Chapter 4

Words from Mama Brittany: Well folks  I'm 28 weeks into this pregnancy and guess what?! Today I graduated from the heart sonograms because 28 weeks is the cutoff date if anything was going to happen it already would have. I asked my high risk ob what our plan of action was from here on out and he replied with a smile "Have a normal pregnancy? You'd like that right?" so there we go my first big battle is won and I'm confident that I will stay healthy and carry this baby full term. I want to thank Dr. Brewer, because of your diet I've gained about 30 pounds and for someone who struggles to put on weight it's a great feeling! As I was leaving the sonogram today the lady said " congratulations again, oh and the baby is measuring 2 pounds 12 ounces." I froze, Oliver was born 4 weeks from today weighing 2 pounds 14 ounces. Craziness, I just feel so blessed. Oliver is my miracle and I know that every single day, but some days it hits home more than others. Today was that day.  Sometimes when life doesn't make sense- we have to take time to step back and understand that we usually can't see the big picture. In time I've learned that everything happened for a reason and it's made me who I am And where I'm meant to be. And I'm thankful <3 Be loved and Cherish life, it's precious.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I could never drink enough milk on Brewers but I did enjoy the baked potatoes!

    ReplyDelete